help needed with fuel tank


i have bourgt a four trak d plate and its got a crak in the top end of the fule tank ive looked about to get a replacemen but they are charging the earth and i was told about a 2 part resin you can get but no one can remember the name of it so what im aking is whats this stuff called and where can i get it the moter shops ive talked to say they dont know what im talking about i need help on this one badly pleese can any one tell me the stuff i need to get???????????? but what i can gatered is this stuff its used in moterbiks and on realy old cars the things you have problems getting parts for any way and yes ive considered welding it but that is just a bit out of my depth .

I can't remember what it's ca

I can't remember what it's called but I used it a few years ago on the fuel tank of a motorbike I had at the time and it was extremely effective. It comes on a small bit of cardboard to which two clear oblong bits of plastic are attached each containing what looks like
plasticine, one cream coloured, the other one black. Some or all of these two resins are then mixed together and put on the crack. Once hardened, it forms a permanent repair. I bought it from Motor World which have branches throughout the UK. Sorry I can't remember what it's called, but I hope this helps.

I repaired the fuel tank on m

I repaired the fuel tank on my Fourtrak using a product called
Quicksteel' This is readily available from car accessory shops..or they will be able to order it for you..or alternatively buy it online.

It is a cylider of 2 core simply break off the required amount and knead it together in your hands..apply to crack/pinhole in tank and it sets as hard as steel in about 1 hour..excellent stuff !

Or there is Granvilles petro patch putty a similar product for repairing cracks and leaks in fuel tanks..get it here..

You could always try Metal Pu

You could always try Metal Putty. Works wonders, as long as what your sticking it to is well clean, and rughend up a bit. I've used it on two fuel tankes now, both out lasted the cars they were on. Comes in a tube. You cut a bit off and sqeez the two compoundes in the tube together like plastacein. Anyway, it's avalible from most decent car part outlets (i.e. not halfords).

Any veiws expresed in this thread by me are purely from my own experience, and (sometimes) falible memory. Hope my comments help, but please don't take them as gospel.

If it is a diesel tank, it ca

If it is a diesel tank, it can be soldered with safety.
Growing old is compulsary, growing up isnt, and

Growing old is compulsary, growing up isnt.
I use billion dollar satellites, to find Tupperware.
Please visit
All views and advice offered are my own, from my ow