Well... after looking into replacing a head gasket, i realised its no job i would be able to do with me feeble skills and i'm not going to pay more than the value of my car to get it changed... and further more... i'm not entirely convinced it is the headgasket.
I'm HOPING that its a faulty thermostat.
Here's the symptoms:
- Overheats after a long journey the coolant reservoir BOILS and bubbles over
- The radiator is never boiling hot when it overheats, but the coolant it
- Air is not being blown into the coolant reservoir, it is just getting too hot
- There are no visible traces of oil in the coolant res. but it did go very slightly green when i looked at it the other day
- the exhaust dribbles out a very very small amount of water
that's about all i can think of right now! can anyone help? thanks a lot