I have an electrical fault on my F75 RH drive which I cannot fathom out, any help or ideas much appreciated. The basic symptoms are:
2. Both charge and fuel drain lights illuminate, indicated voltage fluctuates on meter and radio powers on and off.
3. Water temperature on meter indicates overheating within a few miles although water temperature does not physically feel hot. Could be un unrelated problem but occurred at the same time as the electical fault.
4. When indicating the volt neter fluctuates in sympathy by a couple of volts.
5. When the warning lamps are illuminated the wiper speed drops and the electric windows are very slow in closing.
6. Occasionally when I brake/stop I can hear relays clicking in and out. These appear to be nearside in the vicinity of the passenger seat.
7. All the affected circuits are, I think, associated with the 7.5 Amp gauge fused circuit.
My initial thoughts were faulty earth, but where or problem with voltage reg, but I have no difficulty starting. Other thoughts were with the lighting stalk because occasionally the affected warning lamps illuminate when I switch on headlights and obviously indicators affect indicated voltage. Cannot work out how that can affect fuel drain lamp or water temp gauge.
As I am going round in circles more wiser minds would be appreciated.